10 Roofing Terms To Help Your Communicate with a Roofing Contractor
No Slide Found In Slider.
- Counterflashing – formed metal or elastomeric sheeting that covers and protects the top edge of membrane base flashings
- Fasteners – mechanical securement devices and assemblies such as nails, staples, screws, cleats, clips and bolts used to secure various components of a roof assembly
- Substrate – the surface, typically the deck or insulation, upon which the roofing or waterproofing membrane is applied
- Elongation – the ability of a roofing material to be stretch by the application of force
- Thermoset – a material, especially a synthetic plastic or resin that hardens permanently after one application of heat and pressure.
- Elastomeric – the elastic rubber-like properties of a material
- Infrared Thermography – roof analysis technique used to measure the temperature gradient of a roof surface to locate areas of moisture
- Low-slope roofs – a category of roofs that have a slope at or less than 3:12 (14 degrees)
- Steep-Slope Roofs – a category of roofing systems installed on slopes greater than 3:12 (14 degrees)
- Thermoplastic – a material that softens when heated and hardens when cooled