Modified Bitumen Roof Replacement System
Long-Term Roof Replacements
A modified bitumen commercial roof, also known as a “mod bit”, is a popular roof replacement system for low-slope or flat roofs. It’s similar to a BUR system in terms of redundant, multiple layers of protection but it can require less labor due to self-adhesive technology developed in the mid-1970s.
SR SAP SAM Modified Roof Systems from Simon Roofing
Simon Roofing’s self-adhered modified bitumen roof replacements consist of SR SAP and SR SAM options.
- SR SAP is a self-adhered base ply modified roof membrane, comprised of a high-performance polyester mat and state-of-the-art self-adhesive release film.
- SR SAM top ply is coated with polymer modified asphalt and granules and the bottom is coated with an aggressive self-adhesive compound.
The roof is then surfaced with Wite Brite™ coating.
Benefits of SR SAP SAM Mod Bit Roof Systems
SR SAP SAM modified roof systems provide several benefits compared to other roof replacement systems.
- Modified cold process installation
- Florida Building Code, Miami Dade, UL and FM approved systems
- Multi-layer redundancy for additional protection
- Seamless and fully adhered
- Extremely durable with high tensile strength
- Approximately 100 to 140 mils thick
- Resistant to weathering and foot traffic
- Long-term roof solution with warranty options starting at 15 years
If you’re looking for a long-term roof replacement, a modified bitumen system might be the right choice for you. Contact us to speak with one of our commercial roofing experts.