Housekeeping and Minor Maintenance Checklist
What to Expect from Your Roofer
Metal Edge Flashings:
- Repair splits, breaks, and tears in the flange flashing with correct repair material or appropriate membrane.
- Refasten loose metal components.
- Tighten and/or replace loose fasteners.
Parapets and Base Flashings:
- Reseal exposed strip in membrane with correct repair material or appropriate membrane.
- Tighten and reseal loose fasteners.
- Fill voids in all areas with sealant.
- Refasten loose termination bars and re-caulk as necessary.
- Repair tears, breaks or splits in base flashings with correct repair material or appropriate membrane.
- Refasten metal copings to continuous cleats.
- Recoat flashings where repairs have been made.
- Repair defects around pipe/stack flashings with correct repair material or appropriate membrane.
- Inspect stack leads for cuts and breaks, and seal with appropriate repair material and/or sealant.
- Fill pitch pans with appropriate repair material or sealant so they cannot hold water.
- Tighten and/or reseal pipe hoods and clamps to make sure they are watertight.
- Repair breaks in the membrane with correct repair material or appropriate repair membrane.
- Seal bare reinforcing membrane with compatible liquid sealer.
- Touch up reflective coatings wherever repairs are made.
- Remove rooftop debris such as leaves, branches, bottles, etc., excluding large debris like steel, abandoned equipment, signs, etc.
Scuppers, Gutters, and Drains:
- Check and re-secure any loose drain bolts and clamps.
- Check and repair any damaged flashing around drain leads.
- Advise owner of any missing drain strainers, cracked rings or bowls, and/or missing clamps.
- Check gutter straps and flanges, making sure they are fastened and flashed.
- Remove debris from gutters, drains, and scuppers, excluding any debris within the piping or leaders.