10 Ways to Brighten Holiday Spirits for Little or No Money
Simon Roofing employees share ideas for spreading holiday joy
We believe there’s still magic behind the holiday spirit and there are things we can do to brighten the holidays for others … both for people we know and ones that we’ve never met.
So, we asked our employees for their thoughts on how to make a positive impact in someone’s life over the holidays for little or no money. And we were so impressed with what ideas they shared, we wanted to share them with you!
- Re-establish contact with an old friend through social media or even … gulp … a phone call. (Anthony in Regional Sales)
- Caroling, of course! (Shelly in Purchasing, Michelle in Client Relations)
- Visit a senior living facility and spend time with someone who doesn’t get many visitors. Holidays can be a difficult time there. Make cards and pass them out to residents. Get a group and sing carols. (Diane in Simon Surfaces, Carrie in Education/Training)
- It’s not about the gifts, but the quality time you spend with those most important to you. Watch Christmas movies. Drive around to see Christmas lights. Bake cookies together. (Keshia in Regional Sales)
- Help someone decorate for the holidays or shovel their driveway after a heavy snow. (Delaney in Marketing)
- Any act of kindness, no matter how small it may seem, is a great way to not only spread Christmas cheer, but happiness all year. (Lisa in Education)
- Visit a live nativity scene. (Ali in Marketing)
- Pay for someone’s coffee behind you in the drive-thru line. (Marian in Regional Sales)
- Offer a nice warm smile from the bottom of your heart. (Suzette in Fleet Assistance)
- Ring the bell for the Salvation Army and have fun doing it! (Sue in Marketing)
We hope our list inspires you to help brighten someone’s spirit this holiday season.